Zhejiang Library was founded in 1900 known as Hangzhou Books Collection Pavilion. It is one of the earliest established provincial public library in China. And its branch in Daxue Road was built in 1931. The new building of Zhejiang Library made its test-run on December 26th, 1998 and officially opened to the public on November 18th, 2000 in celebration for its 100th anniversary of foundation. Now the library consists of 4 parts with the new building as the general library and Jiaye Books Pavilion in Huzhou, Ancient Books Department in Gushan Road and Branch in Daxue Road as the supplementary. Its total construction acreage reaches 4,2000

Next