|The history of Yiwu City Library can be traced to Yiwu County Public Library established in the early period of the Republic of China. Yiwu County Library was established in 1956 and renamed Yiwu City Library in 1988.
With 22 staff members the current library building covers an area of 4,000 square meters. It includes CuratorĄ¯s Room, Executive Office, Circulating Department for editing and lending, Reading Department including ChildrenĄ¯s Reading Room, Electronic Reading Room, Ancient Book and Local Literature Reading Room and offers a total collection of 190,000 books. There are nearly 50,000 ancient books among which 2,3662 are rare ones.