The history of Yuhang District Library can be traced to Yuhang County Public Library established in 1921. Yuhang County Library was established in August 1961 and renamed as Yuhang District Library of Hangzhou in February 2001.
With 19 staff members the new library building built in November 2005 covers an area of 10,931 square meters.
It offers a collection of 200,000 books including 1,819 kinds, 9,545 traditional tread bound ancient books. The rare books include Zhang¡¯s Series and Yuhang County Annals written in Guangxu Period of Qing Dynasty.
Annually it receives 200,000 person times of readers.