|The history of Shaoxing Library (Luxun Library) can be traced to Guyue Library built in 1902. Luxun Library was established in 1958,Guo Moruo inscribed its stele. In 1983 Luxun Library upgraded to municipal library, and renamed as ¡°Shaoxing Library¡± when the new library building first opened to public in 2000.
The current library building covers an area of 1,3000 square meters. It is capable to store 1,000,000 books, provide 1,300 seats, 18 reading rooms, 300-seat lecture hall and a 500-square-meter exhibition hall. The organs including Administrative Office, Financial Department, Edit & Collect ,