Quzhou City Library is the most comprehensive public library in the western Zhejiang Province. The history of this library can be traced to the library branch of Popular Education Hall founded in 1930. In July 1956 Qu County Library was established. In May 1985 Quzhou was upgraded to city and the library was renamed as Quzhou City Library.
The current building of Quzhou City Library was completed in 1993 with 2,500 square meters of construction acreage. It provides readers 300 seats and has been designed to store 400,000 books. With 17 staff members the library includes Collecting & Editing Office, Circulating & Reading Office and Information & Technology Office.
Quzhou City Library offers a collection of 210,000 books and features more than 3,000 kinds of local literatures such as Quzhou Annals.