The history of Pinghu City Library can be traced to Pinghu County Public Library established in 1917. In 1956 Pinghu County Library was founded.
With 15 staff members the current library building built in 1988 covers an area of 1,700 square meters. It provides lending, reading, consulting, ancient books and local literatures reading, reading via internet, book editing and collecting services.
Pinghu City Library offers a collection of 170,000 books including 34,982 ancient thread-bound books, 1,757 of which are rare books. In addition, it has also collected 2,671 local literatures about historic evolution, cultural