The history of Ninghai County Library can be traced to Ninghai County Public Library established in 1921.
The current library building was completed in December 1987. With 15 staff members it covers an area of 2,315 square meters. The name of the library was inscribed by the famous patriot Mr. Zhao Puchu.
Ninghai County Library offers a collection of 150,000 books with more than 5,000 books added each year. It attaches importance to local literature collecting. At present there are already more than 3,700 pieces in store.
It provides services including lending, collective lending, book delivery,