The history of Kaihua County Library can be traced to Kaihua County Popular Library founded in 1930. Kaihua County Library was established in 1978.
The current library building was completed and first opened to the public in 1989. It covers an area of 1,500 square meters and provides 200 seats for readers and a 400-square-meter stack room. With 10 staff members the library includes Circulating Office, Reading Office, Collecting & Editing Office, Local Literature Office, Social Service Office and Finance & Archives Office.
Currently Kaihua County Library offers a collection of 79,000 books, among which 7,400 are ancient books. These collections feature the subject of philosophy, social science and natural science.More than 10,000 books are circulated in Cultural Stations located in towns and villages.
Kaihua County Library provides individual lending, collective lending,books