The history of Huangyan District Library can be traced to the Jiufeng Academy of Classical Learning established in 1869 during the reign of Tongzhi in Qing Dynasty. Huangyan County Library was founded On June 15th 1956 and renamed as Huangyan District Library of Taizhou City in 1994.
The current building built in 1990 covers an area of 1,000 square meters providing 200 seats to readers. With 17 staff members the library includes Collecting & Editing Technique Department (Collecting & Editing Room, Data Consulting Room, Local Literature Room, Science and Technology Reading Room), Reading Department (Newspapers and Periodicals Reading Room, Youth & ChildrenĄ¯s Reading Room) and Lending Department.
Back Next