|The history of Haining City Library can be traced to Haining Library established in 1904 during the reign of Guangxu in Qing dynasty. Haining County Library was founded in 1956 and renamed as Haining City Library in 1987.
With 28 staff members the current library building built in 1988 covers an area of 3,229 square meters and offers a collection of more than 250,000 books including more than 30,000 ancient books. Nearly all the existing Naining local annals are collected with Xiachuan Annals and View of Haichang among the most rare ones. It has also set up subject library for Haining celebrities such as Jin Yong, Xu Zhimo