|The history of Dongyang City Library can be traced to the Dongyang County Public Library established in 1919, which gave priority to collect ancient books. Dongyang County Library was established in 1956 and renamed Dongyang City Library in August 1988.
The current library building donated by a Taiwan compatriot Mr. Wang Tiwu was completed in 1995. With 22 staff members it covers an area of 2,070 square meters and offers a collection of over 160,000 books including more than 20,000 ancient books. 1,488 kinds of 2,292 precious books donated by Mr. Wang Tiwu such as Archives of Ming and Qing Dynasty are among the